September 29, 2000
New in Version 1.03.00 WHQL
- Before you begin, please download and view the FAQ for answers to commons questions.
- NOTE: THE AA TOGGLE KEY IN OPENGL DOES NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY WITH WIN2K AT THIS TIME.
- Added Depth Precision 16/32bpp to 3dfx Tools Advanced Feature Page to OpenGL/Glide.
- OpenGL Improvements for Quake 3 performance on Celeron, Pentium Pro, Pentium II's, and Pentium MMX and Non-MMX.
- OpenGL optimizations for Pentium III and AMD Athlon.
- Fixed Half-Life escape key crash.
- Fixed Star Wars Force Commander has overlay corruption on load screen and behind wording.
- Fixed Star Trek Armada, corruption in menus
- Serious Sam OpenGL (numerous issues)
- Fixed texture problem with F.A.K.K. 2
- Fixed textures missing in Evola
- Voodoo4/5(tm) Driver Kit Version: 1.03.00
- Voodoo4/5 Win2k(r) Display Driver and Miniport: 5.00.2195.0197
- Glide(tm) 2.X Driver: 2.61.00.0659
- Glide 3.X Driver: 3.10.00.0659
- OpenGL(r) Driver Version: 1.0.0.0700 ICD
- 3dfx Tools Version: 126.96.36.199
- Voodoo4 or Voodoo5 AGP or PCI video card
- Windows 2000
- 16 MB of memory
- Intel(r) or AMD(r) compatible CPU
- Download the kit to a directory on your local machine.
- Before removing your existing 2D card switch the video driver to Standard VGA. Click Start, Control Panel. Double-click on Display.
- Select 640X480 and 16 colors. Accept the changes.
- Power off the system and remove your existing 2D card.
- Install the Voodoo Card in a free AGP or PCI Slot
- Power on the system and verify that video appears during post.
- Start Windows in Normal mode
- (Once Windows starts you may be notified that no video device exists, click Cancel if this message appears)
- Run the 3dfx executable from the location it was downloaded to. Click SETUP. At the welcome screen of 3dfx Tools select NEXT. Click on YES when prompted to install Voodoo Driver.
- Follow instruction on the screen to install Voodoo Driver and 3dfx Tools Control Panel.
- Select 'Yes, I want to restart my computer now' when prompted.